Kazan Golovkinsky Stratigraphic Meeting 2023
“Sedimentary Earth Systems: Stratigraphy, Geochronology,
Paleoclimate, Petroleum Resources”
Seventh All-Russian Conference “Upper Paleozoic of Russia”
October 23-25, 2023
The sedimentary basins of the past are represented by a very broad range of facies. The evolution of these facies reflects major geographical, climatic, and biospheric changes. Professor Nikolai A. Golovkinsky (1834–1897), a founder of the Kazan geological school and the author of fundamental studies on the geology and stratigraphy of Eastern Europe, was one of the first geologists to recognize the empirical rules of sedimentary succession and the lateral diachroneity of facies in sedimentary basins (Golovkinsky-Walther’s Law), which was a basis for the modern concept of sequence stratigraphy.
Chairman of the Organizing Committee
Professor Danis K. Nurgaliev
Vice-Rector for Research of the Kazan Federal University
Director of the Institute of Geology and Petroleum Technologies
Vice-Chairman of the Organizing Committee
Dr. Sci. Vladimir V. Silantiev
Kazan Federal University
1. Stratigraphy, Paleontology
2. Geochemical methods and their application in different aspects of geology
3. Environments, Paleoclimate, Paleogeography, Biota and Facies
4. Mineralogy, Lithology, Geophysical methods, Resources
5. Temporal and spatial aspects of sedimentary basin evolution: types of basins, stages of development, modelling and
6. Upper Paleozoic of Russia: Stratigraphy, Paleoclimate, Geochronology, Petroleum Resources
The Meeting will consist of mixed physical and online modes.
Plenary lectures are limited to 20 minutes; regular talks are limited to 10 minutes (+ 5 minutes for questions and discussion). The poster session will run throughout the conference. Speakers will be limited to two presentations (talks) at the meeting.
The official languages for the scientific program and all the business of the meeting are Russian and English. Abstracts will be accepted in English. Oral presentations must be in English. The abstracts of Session “Upper Paleozoic of Russia: Stratigraphy, Paleoclimate, Geochronology, Petroleum Resources” will be accepted in Russian. Oral presentations may be in English or in Russian.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Abstracts of oral and poster presentations are invited. Please indicate your preference when submitting (oral physical,poster physical, oral online, poster online). All submissions will be peer-reviewed and published in an Abstract Volume.Please submit abstracts by e-mail (attached file in .doc, .docx or .rtf format) to: email@example.com
Deadline for abstract submission is September 01, 2023
Please check the abstract template and example on the conference website:
CALL FOR PROCEEDINGS SUBMISSION
The materials of the meeting are planned to be published as Proceedings of the Kazan Golovkinsky Stratigraphic Meeting 2023, which will be submitted for indexing in international databases. The Proceedings will include 50 articles. Articles are limited to 6 A4‐sized pages including text, figures, tables and references.
Deadline for Proceedings submission is August 01, 2023
Please check the submission template and example on the conference website:
If the manuscript does not meet the format requirements, the Editorial Board reserves the right to return it to the authors without review.
SCHEDULE FOR MEETING
October 23, 2023: Opening Ceremony, Scientific Sessions
October 24, 2023: Scientific Sessions
October 25, 2023: Scientific Sessions (online)
Registration form is available on the website: https://geo.kpfu.ru/golovkinsky2023en/#registration
Registration Deadline: September 01, 2023.
- March 24, 2023: First Circular available for distribution through mail and online.
- July 01, 2023: Second Circular available for distribution through mail and online.
- August 01, 2023: Deadline for Proceedings submission
- September 01, 2023: Deadline for registration and abstract submission
- October 15, 2023: Third Circular with the final Program of the Meeting available for distribution through mail and online.